The individuals on the board of directors were not selected based on their accomplishments or degrees, or money or power. They were selected based on their qualities - as demonstrated in the real world. While they share an admirable set of common traits, they also represent a wide cross-section of society.
- They are all out-of-the-box thinkers. They are willing to question the “normal” way of doing things. But do so constructively, seeking a better way.
- They have all demonstrated an ability to actually do things a better way in the real world of “boxes” and succeed.
- They have all had to deal with health care as it is typically known and move beyond it to find answers - personally, in their family, professionally, or on multiple levels.
- They all want to make the world a better place. They care about people.
- They are all “real”, down-to-earth people. It’s not about “me”. It’s about doing the right thing for the right reason.
Clarke Berryman, DVM
Dr. Berryman’s initial career was as a veterinary neurosurgeon. He then educated himself into a very accomplished stock broker. He also managed to start a bank in this process, which was later sold to a larger bank with many branches. While technically retired he remains active in business and making his community a better place.
Marc Braman, MD, MPH
Dr. Braman is board certified in Preventive Medicine and Public Health, and has a Masters of Public Health degree in Epidemiology (the science of research). He was a founding member and is currently the Executive Director and Past President of the American College of Lifestyle Medicine - a national, professional society for health care professionals in the new field of Lifestyle Medicine. He continues to see patients using a comprehensive treatment model and is passionate about making health care what it could and should be. This institute is his long-term professional goal and passion.
John Caccavale, PhD, MS
Dr. Caccavale is a highly accomplished neuropsychologist and leader in his field. His latest endeavor has created the 8,000 member NAPPP - a national association for practicing psychologists - of which he is the Executive Director. He has clinical expertise in nervous system injury rehabilitation, and treatment approaches not well known in the conventional medical world. He is passionate about making aggressive changes in healthcare to get high-quality, evidence-based treatment to those who need it.
Gary Parks, MDiv
Mr. Parks is a pastor by profession. His passion for thinking and doing out-of-the-box has not only made his church very successful, but has led him to success in providing training seminars to the business world. He teaches people how they and those around them function so that they can understand each other and maximize their abilities. Gary is passionate about seeing and engaging people and the world in new and meaningful ways that lead to profound positive change.